Saturday, October 28, 2006

My recent low allergen food classes

Click here to look inside our gluten and dairy free lunch bag


I have been having so much fun with this most recent string of classes I've been teaching. It is all being hosted through our local DAN doctor, who has done so much for the community members here!
This is a series of 4 classes. The first one was a low allergen breads class, where I baked about 8 loaves of different breads from mixes. I used all gluten, dairy (casein) and egg free ingredients. You can check out my reviews of the different brands Here.
In addition to the breads, I also cooked up some gf/cf mac and cheese, pumpkin pie, and brownies, cookies, and other treats to sample. The class focus was on low allergen lunches and the turnout was great. We had about 55 people sign up.
2nd on the list was the breakfast class. We had a smaller venu for this one, and aprox 25 people in attendance. Again, we focused on high protein gluten, dairy, soy, and egg free breakfast ideas (as well as sugar free). It was fun and we ate well. I made the tastiest granola, cashew yogurt, and pancakes (of course!).
The third class was a full blown fall harvest luncheon where 25 of us sat together to dine on allergen free turkey, squash soup, whipped sweet potatoes, salad, pumpkin pudding, punch and truffles. We all took turns telling our story, and I really enjoyed the group. I could have spent all day with these wonderful people! So much to share and learn.
The final class is coming up in December and I am looking forward to it! Comment me if you would like any of my handouts or recipes :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim Gray said...

You are absolutely inspiring!!!

Wonderful work!!

Would you be willing to share your mac and cheese recipe? I'd love to try it.

Kind regards,
KimS

7:24 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Kim, it was the Namaste gluten free, soy free, dairy free Mac and Cheese mix. My complaint was that the noodles were not great and it smelled quite bad (to me) while preparing, BUT it was actually very good once I mixed it all together! I kept going back for more!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of lunch ideas. I called my kids over to see them and they are excited about trying new foods. We also liked the ideas about WDW. We look forward to going in April. Thanks, Emmy

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home